Monday, February 6, 2012

What to Wear??? I’m Getting Bigger and Bigger!


Okay, so I must admit even though I knew I was preggers when my normal size clothing weren’t fitting me anymore it really ticked me off.  I don’t know if I thought I would be able to wear them throughout my pregnancy, but that was expectedly not the case. 

I would try to squeeze into my work slacks and make sure not to bend over for fear of them ripping on me!  When I would take them off there would be the imprint of a button on my belly! That’s when I decided to give up and start wearing larger clothing.  The hardest piece of clothing for me to stop wearing was actually my jeans.  The only reason I stopped was due to a comment my husband said to me.  We were going to Babies R’ Us to pick up some Mustela and my hubby was walking behind me.  He then said in his loud voice around other people, “Yeah, Love you need to stop trying to fit into your jeans, give it up.”  I laughed it off and was like, “What are you talking about; I’m fitting in them aren’t I?”  Yeah, I shouldn’t have said that because he then proceeded to tell me about my muffin top sticking up over my jeans and how I looked like one of those women trying to fit into something that is four sizes too small for her!  Record scratching...gasp!!  "Did he just say that to me?!"  I won't bore you with what I said in response, lol!  Let's just say he got an earful!  However, after that, you best believe I started to wear clothing that fit me and that day I unbuttoned my jeans to give my belly and growing baby some room, lol!   

It wasn’t all smooth sailing though.  The perfect example was my birthday.  My friends and I normally do a bday dinner where we dress cute and go for some great food and company.  I had a dress in mind that I wanted to wear so I thought all was set until I tried to fit in that dang dress.  It wouldn’t zip up and I was annoyed, but was like it’s okay I’ll find another cute dress to wear.  I find another one and guess what it didn’t fit me as well!  After trying five dresses that didn’t fit I got cray cray.  I mean crazy to the point that my hubby was going to call one of my besties to come help me get ready, lol!  Poor guy didn’t know what to do because I was raging in our closet crying my eyes out trying to find something.  After an hour, I ended up settling on a black stretch dress and tried to compose myself on the way to dinner with my hubby reassuring me that we would get clothing for me that would fit and be to my liking.  Yeah, I was hormonal and still getting used to the idea of an expanding body.

The lesson I learned from that was that I needed to invest in more clothing that had some pull and elasticity so that they could expand with me.   If you find out you’re preggers and go shopping during this time, purchases items with stretch potential to get more bang for your buck!  And you can also wear them after giving birth as well; I know I still do!

I was actually happy to be preggers in the summer because I wore dresses and skirts all the time! These items were staples in my closet: stretch dresses, babydoll dresses and shirts, stretch skirts, pants that had an elastic waist.  Clothes that were stretchy and could accommodate my growing belly, actually scratch that, my growing everywhere!  Check out some of these outfits for ideas:


Drawstring and elastic waist is a must!
Babydoll shirt



Dress worn to a bestie's bday
Everyday dress 
baby shower outfit
I was almost 9 months preggers here!

Here's my bday outfit 


Stretchy skirt




No comments:

Post a Comment