Monday, February 13, 2012

I’m Ready for 1st Trimester to be OVER!


I must admit that for the most part, I had a great pregnancy, but that’s not to say I didn’t go through some things.  I thought that morning sickness only happened in the morning.  Well I thought wrong!  I had morning sickness that lasted all day at times and going to work with that feeling was just awful.  I remember crying to my boss one morning because I couldn’t even function.  I learned to cope with time and to help with it I would keep some saltine crackers on my nightstand and eat a couple occasionally in the middle of the night and in the morning before getting out of bed.  I found that this worked because it helped with my blood sugar.

There was also the “baby brain” I developed.  Normally I have a pretty good memory and I’m quick on the pick-up, but for some reason I felt slow when preggers, lol!  I couldn’t remember a lot of things, to the point I would get embarrassed and tasks started to take me longer than my usual.  This was frustrating because I knew the amount I could output in a given timeframe, especially at work. There’s no cure for this unfortunately, just get used to it and eventually you get back to your old self.

Let’s not forget what happened physically! The physical changes, besides getting bigger were alarming. Ok, this is going to sound weird, but my underarms and crotch area got darker (tmi, but I’m keeping it real!).  I first noticed putting deodorant on and was like man, did I not wash my underarms or something???  So you best believe I was scrubbing away in that shower and came out with the utmost confidence all was well.  Yeah, that so called “dirt” didn’t wash away, so I eventually realized the darkness was part of my pregnancy.  My linea negra also darkened.  What is that?  It’s this vertical line that goes down the middle of your stomach all the way down to your crotch area.  Don’t worry though all this goes away a little bit after giving birth.  
Here's an example of linea negra


Not all was bad though; let me tell you because OMG, I loved my hair during this time!  It got really thick and grew so fast!  Umm, I’m talking about the hair on my head of course (actually it was everywhere so keep grooming-I got waxes all the way until I went into labor, so keep it clean)!  Ok, I’m going to keep it real here.  In the beginning of my pregnancy my waxes were the normal amount of pain, but as I got further along my area down there became much more sensitive and getting a wax was definitely painful!!  I would just think to myself I could go into labor at any time and do I want people looking at a hairy mess down there?!  Heck naw!  That was all the motivation I needed!  It’s just all about your level of pain tolerance.  Another positive is if you are small-chested, this is the time when your boobs start growing and you’ll no longer need those padded push-up bras honey! Your nails also become longer/stronger and you really do get that pregnancy glow, especially if you continue drinking lots of water.

Take note that each woman’s experiences and changes are different.  Some of these could be:  acne, stretch marks, spreading of the nose, swollen ankles (I got this later on), varicose veins.  All I’m saying is these men and our kids better appreciate all that we go through, jeez!  Try not to freak yourself out too much though because a majority of these things goes away.  The only things that may stay are stretch marks (which eventually get lighter if you do get them) and fat (so continue eating healthy and being active).  Aaannd, if you’re still unhappy, then you just get started on that “fund!”

No comments:

Post a Comment