Monday, January 30, 2012

Some Tips to Consider



Once we started to reveal the good news to our friends and family it started to become more of a reality that we were about to become parents and as joyous, as it was there was always concern for the well-being of our baby.  We made sure to take the necessary precautions, such as healthy eating, exercising, regular checkups and the consumption of prenatal vitamins every day. 

I do not know about you guys, but when I was hungry back in the day, I would go for a quick and convenient fix, which wasn’t often the healthiest choice.  However, upon discovering I was preggers I decided to change that around right away.  I started to consume mainly fruits, veggies, proteins and some carbs.  I craved watermelon, milk, peanut butter & jelly and ginger ale (which is still my fave!).  And for whatever reason, which I believe is common I couldn’t consume any tomato based foods or else it would be puke city!  I also know that some women consume much more than they normally do, but that was not the case for me.  Instead, I had a heightened desire for foods I already liked and continued to eat normally but just slightly increased my caloric intake per doctor’s request.  In addition, I made sure to take my pre-natal pills religiously to provide my baby with the necessary supplements and nutrients needed for healthy development. My doctor suggested this brand called TheraNatal Complete, which I must say I loved!  You can check it out at www.Theralogix.com.  I highly recommend you take pre-natals if you find out you’re preggers!
 




I also continued running 3-4 miles every other day, but as my belly got bigger and bigger I started to slow my roll and opted for lower intensity workouts consisting of walking and the use of exercise bands, which was all doctor approved.  Oh yes, I also did a lot of squats everyday!  Trust me do this, it really helps with labor and when it’s time to push!  I say if you are going to make any changes make sure to run it by your doctor to get the okay.  Not only will it ensure that your baby is safe, but it also gives you peace of mind! 

Last but not least, make sure you REST!  I tried to do way too much at times and I don’t know if that may have contributed to me giving birth 2 weeks early.   They say that when it’s your first you normally deliver late, so just take it easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment