Monday, January 23, 2012

Wait...Are You Sure I'm Preggers???

For some reason, don't ask me why, my husband who is a scientist decided to make me one of his experiments. Yes, when I usually tell people this they give me the strangest look as I sheepishly relay the events. He would take my temperature every morning before I got out of bed and record it on a website everyday. He thought it was so interesting how my temperature would rise when I was on my cycle and then drop once I would ovulate. Yeah he's dorky like that lol! He did this for about 3 months to get a base for me. During this time we were having unprotected sex. I know this is going to sound dumb and ignorant, but I honestly thought I wasn't fertile or able to have kids so I didn't worry about getting pregnant. Oh yes, and I also stopped taking my birth control about 6 months before this because it was causing me to gain some serious water weight that made me look preggers! Seriously, I looked 3 months preggers and even took a pregnancy test which came out negative at the time. Now ladies, having continuous unprotected intercourse is a no no unless you want to get pregnant, so take heed!
During one of his routine temperature checks he was like, "Hmm I think you need to take a pregnancy test." My response was "Huh, why?" He told me that my since ovulating my temperature never went back up, and that it had been below my normal base rate for the past 2 weeks. I didn't think much of it so I went to work and when I came home guess who went out and got 4 pregnancy tests?! He did! I didn't want to take the tests because I thought it was ridic, but if you know my husband you know that he's very stubborn! So I gave in and bam the first test came out positive immediately. I of course thought that the tests were faulty and that these were false positives, which sometimes happens. Well after 4 positive tests and me still being in denial my husband told me I think we should go to the doctor. I really hate going to the doctor so I definitely wasn't not pleased with this. However, we went and after peeing in the cup my obgyn came back and told me yes, I was preggers. Now this is going to sound really dumb and crazy, but I still didn't believe that I was pregnant so I just smiled and didn't really react. I was going through some serious denial! I even told my husband in the car, yeah that test isn't right because I feel fine. In fact, it wasn't until we went in for our first ultrasound and I saw my baby, the size of a pea beating that I finally realized we were about to become parents in 9 months!




No comments:

Post a Comment