Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I Would Wait Until You’re 12 Weeks to Reveal the Good News…


At that point, we were both elated and terrified at the same time because we knew that life would soon change!  I wanted to go and immediately tell everyone, but my husband always the more levelheaded one told me to wait until I was 12 weeks to tell anyone due to possible miscarriage. That was definitely a feat for me because I was dying to tell everyone! I of course told my mom, but that was it!  I must say that I am glad I waited because miscarriages are very common and my husband's mom for instance had seven miscarriages before she was able to have him.  The important thing to remember is that this is a delicate time so if you find out you’re pregnant remember to avoid as much mental and physical stress as possible and know that if this occurs it doesn’t  mean you can’t try and try again!  I realized the seriousness of it (emotionally and physically) and counted down, thanking God each day for my growing baby. 



I remember going out to dinner and drinks with a couple of my besties (Alex and Ren) and everyone ordered drinks but me.  Well, my friends being rather intuitive guessed right away that I was preggers!  I was like, “Omg how did you guess???”  They told me that they all knew that I was bound to get pregnant soon enough and they were just waiting for it to happen. Well I guess they know me better than I know myself, lol!

I took that time before revealing the good news to everyone to better prepare myself for motherhood through resources like my doctor, books, websites and talking to other mommies to find out the real deal.  I found out some good stuff, but I must admit that not everything was brought to light.  I wanted the knitty gritty info!  In this blog, I plan to give you the complete lowdown, the good, bad and disgusting so be prepared.  

1 comment:

  1. welcome back to the blogging world! i can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete